WHAT IS THE RIGHT WAY TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH?
Daily brushing and cleaning between your teeth is important because it removes plaque
If the plaque isn’t removed, it builds up and can cause tooth decay and gum disease.
You should brush your teeth at least twice a day and toothbrushes should be replaced every 3-4 months, or when the bristles get worn or frayed.
The five steps below show you how to brush your teeth correctly.
- Aim the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle towards the gum line.
- Use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
- Use a gentle circular motion.
- Repeat on the inside surfaces.
- Use a light back and forth motion on the chewing surfaces.
Spit out the toothpaste and rinse after brushing.
Electric toothbrushes also do a good job of cleaning teeth.