Benefits Of Dental Implants
Dental Implants are screws surgically fixed into the jawbone – in the place of a missing tooth. After the implant has integrated into the bone, our Dental Care St Kilda dentist will mount a dental crown on the implant to give the patient a fully functional tooth.
Tooth implants are the most sought-after tooth restoration option with an excellent success rate. Before choosing the treatment, learn the benefits of the dental implant:
- Since the tooth prosthetic is fixed into the jawbone, it looks and feels like a natural tooth
- The fixed tooth restoration can help you to regain your confidence with a complete smile
- Dental implants prevent the loss of the bone mass in place of the missing teeth and help you to ensure optimal oral health
- Dental implants also help the patients to keep the neighbouring teeth in their position – avoiding misalignment of teeth
Though there are several benefits, not everyone can get the dental implant restoration option, especially people with inadequate jawbone density and strength. Also, the patient should have healthy gums to receive the treatment. If you have oral health issues like gum disease, you should treat your gums before going for tooth implants.
The Implant Material
At Dental Care St Kilda, we offer titanium dental implants to restore the missing tooth of our patients:
These implants are one of the primary choices across the globe. It is also a great option for patients who want affordable services.
The Treatment Procedure
The treatment is generally completed in more than two visits to our clinic for dental implants in St Kilda. If you have a severely damaged tooth, beyond repair, we will extract it first before beginning with the treatment procedure.
During the initial consultation, our dentists will take images and x-rays of the area of your missing tooth. Based on that, our dentists will create a tailored treatment plan.
Before starting the procedure, we will administer local anaesthesia to numb the area and surgically drill into your jawbone to fix the dental screw. Our dentist will insert the implant, put sutures, and send you back home to wait 4 to 6 months for the bone to integrate into the implant. During this period the bone will grow around the implant and the implant gets fused to the jawbone.
After the dental implant is completely fused to your jawbone, you need to return to our clinic for receiving the dental crown. Our dentists will permanently mount the crown onto the implant, check the occlusion, and give you the necessary instructions.
Why Dental Care St Kilda?
At our clinic, you will get a warm, unified treatment experience with the following:
- Qualified, experienced team of dentists and care professionals
- State-of-the-art systems and tools
- A seamless healing environment
- Friendly, professional service experience
- Access to preferred provider networks – Medibank Private, BUPA, HCF, NIB, which guarantee affordable prices